Simple Mobile does not offer coupon codes or deals online or directly with any of their authorized agents and dealers.
Simple Mobile is a prepaid carrier utilizing the T-Mobile network within the United States. You’re not able to use the Simple Mobile service when roaming in Canada. There is no option or additional service that allows this coverage either. When you go with a pre-paid carrier, you’re going with the bargain brand. This isn’t expected and is typical with prepaid cell phone carriers.
If you need another option besides Simple Mobile if you’re traveling to or from Canada, you should be able to find other prepaid cards in airports and other stops where you enter and exit the country. Roam Mobility is one of them I know of.
Most Simple Mobile phones are unlocked for use in other countries but I would make sure your phone is before traveling. Some Simple Mobile phones would not work in Canada because the phone was actually a T-Mobile branded phone and did not require unlocking to use Simple Mobile.
Simple Mobile ILD = International Long Distance. It’s an add on to the regular Simple Mobile service and requires that a customer add additional credit onto their line each month. **UPDATE. Simple Mobile now offers $10 unlimited calling to over 52 countries as a service plan rather than an addon.
To add ILD service onto your Simple Mobile plan, go to Simple Mobiles website and upgrade your plan to the ILD plan. If you’ll be calling other countries than the ones that are unlimited, you’ll need to add additional credit to your plan in order to call those countries.
You should also note that just because the countries are listed as free you might not be able to connect to cell phone numbers in those other countries. It’s mainly for land-lines.
Simple Mobile POS system happens through their website and not through software installed on your PC. Within the POS you can do the following:
- Look up customer’s information by phone number, IMEI and Sim Card Number.
- See the account status. (active, shut off or suspended)
- Create a new account
- Request a port out for a new line
- Attach money pins to the customers account.
- See billing cycles and due dates and payment dates.
If you need to access your POS for simple mobile you can click on the link.
If you’ve questioned if you should get Simple Mobile service on your iPhone 5 you might want to consider a few things first. The iPhone 5 is a whopping $250 more than the iPhone 4s right now. The main feature upgrades from the iPhone 4s to the iPhone 5 that users will actually notice and use are:
- A bit larger screen.
- A little bit better processor
- Ability to work on 4g network
With the cost being so high for the iPhone 5, you wouldn’t be taking advantage of the 4G network on Simple Mobile. Only 3G will work. All in all, I would say that it’s not worth it until maybe iPhone 5s comes out and the price of the iPhone 5 drops by a lot. Unless you just want to impress, buying the iPhone 5 for Simple Mobile doesn’t make sense.
Tired of being hung up on? Not getting your issue resolved? Here are a few ways to get through to Simple Mobile’s customer service department and get the job done.
1.877.878.7908 - This is their main number.
- When the prompt asks you if you’re a dealer or a customer, hit the option for dealer.
- If the agent on the line asks you for your dealer number, tell them you were transferred to this department and don’t want to be transferred again. Ask firmly but politely.
- The agent has all the same tools and can help you and in most cases will probably give you better support and have more knowledge than other representatives.
This happened to me a few days ago on accident. When I made a comment about the short wait on the dealer line the customer service representative explained that the regular customer service line usually had 4-5X the wait.
Simple Mobile on the iPhone 4s works just fine. You’ll be able to use picture messaging and internet. Simple Mobile and an iPhone 4s is a pretty good combination considering that the cost of the iPhone 4s is relativly cheap now and Simple Mobile has extended 3G coverage which will now allow the iPhone 4s to work on faster speeds.
Points to make:
- You can get a cheap iPhone 4s for Simple Mobile on eBay or craigslist if you don’t have one already.
- You will need a micro sim card for the iPhone 4s. This is different than standard sim card and can be found on eBay or at a local simple mobile retailer.
- You’ll have to setup the MMS, APN and Internet settings on the phone. It’s very easy, don’t worry.
- The iPhone 4s will need to be unlocked version. Unlock codes for AT&T iPhones are around $2 on eBay and can be done in under an hour with no technical experience.
Simple Mobile on the iPhone 4s is a good choice for to have a nice phone and good service for a bargain price.
Simple Mobile APN MMS and Internet settings for all iPhone models
Simple Mobile APN settings to set up MMS and Internet for iPhone is the same for all models and OS versions. If you’re on IOS 5, 6 or have the iPhone 4, 4s, 5 or 5s the settings remain the same. Follow the steps below and you’ll be ready in 3-5 minutes.
- Go to “Settings” from the main menu
- Go to “Settings” and tap on general and then “Cellular”. Make sure “Enable 3G” is OFF and ‘Data Roaming” is ON.
- Scroll down and tap on “Cellular Data Network”
- Within “Cellular Data Network” put in the following settings without quotations:
- “Cellular Data APN: “simple”
- MMS APN: “simple”
- MMSC: “MMSC: http://smpl.mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc”
- MMS Proxy: 126.96.36.199:8080
- MMS Max Message Size: 104856
- MMS UA Prof URL: “http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf”
- Next click on the home button to go back to the main screen
- Go back to settings scroll down to messages and turn it back on
- press the home button again and you’re good to go.
- Once you’ve tested you can reenable wifi and turn off data roamin and turn on 3G.
- Leave 3G off if you’re not in a 3G area.
This should work for all of the following Unlocked Simple Mobile Apple iPhones in which you want to connect MMS, WAP, Internet, Text Messaging and the APN Settings for your device.
- iPhone 2G 8GB 16GB (1st generation)
- iPhone 3G 8GB 16GB (2nd generation)
- iPhone 3GS 8GB 16GB(3rd generation)
- iPhone 4 16GB 32GB 64GB(4th generation)
- iPhone 4s 16GB 32GB 64GB (5th generation)
- iPhone 5 16GB 32GB 64GB(6th generation)
- iPhone 5c 16GB 32GB 64GB
- iPhone 6 16GB 32GB 64GB
- iPhone 5s 16GB 32GB 64GB
- Ipad 1 (1st generation with sim card slot for GSM network ATT, TMobile or Already Unlocked)
- Ipad 2 (2nd generation with sim card slot for GSM network ATT, TMobile or Already Unlocked)
- iPad 3 (3rd generation with sim card slot for GSM network ATT, TMobile or Already Unlocked)
- iPad 4
Give it 2-3 minutes as well. Many times users are impatient and start over again thinking that it’s not working. It could take a few minutes to register with the towers and display on your phone.